[ogg-dev] Encrypting Ogg

Shawn "AutoDMC" Boles autodmc at autodmclabs.com
Mon Apr 17 13:07:30 PDT 2006

Howdy.

I have a application I'm developing where I need to encrypt the data
inside an OGG stream.  I will be using a regular block cypher (AES, or
others... configurable); and I would like to encrypt the pages in an OGG
stream.

I'm thinking that if I sit my decrypter in between the reading
application and the encrypted file, you should be able to use all the
normal seeking operations, etc, on the "encrypted" file as the cleartext
stream.

But my brain gets a bit stuck on implementation... I'm not quite sure
how to "interpose" my library/application that way.

I'm using Python for development (I can always backtrack to C++/etc);
my application should take an encrypted OGG stream and a key, and you
should be able to seek through the file as if it wasn't encrypted.

Any pointers?  Similar projects?  Any help would be appreciated.
--
   +----+       Shawn Boles        +------+/
  /(  )/|     "Chief Engineer"     |     \/