[ogg-dev] Playing multiple ogg sounds simultanously

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Nov 18 10:40:13 PST 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:11:19AM +0100, renan [aestesis] wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> thomas, it's better that you use fmod, a sound library used in lots of
> games...

Fundamentally different thing.  Yes, fmod is a very useful thing but
it's possible he does need something like OggVorbis and vorbisfile
(vorbisfile is used extensively in games).

> I think ogg lib doesn't include an audio mixer and try to open several
> time the audio out device.

Ogg does not contain an audio mixer.  However, mixing is as simple as
adding the values in each PCM stream together.

So, Thomas... what are you really trying to do? :-)

Monty