[ogg-dev] OggPCM : Need more justification for chunked data

Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au
Mon Nov 14 12:29:49 PST 2005

Hi Rene,

we have discussed the issue of different formats per channel, e.g. different sampling rates. It was not clear whether with PCM sampling of devices this is actually a common (or even used) case. Do you know how multi-channel sound is sampled? Is it created with different widths/rates on different channels?

If it is not a common case, we can leave the solution to different streams and keep it outside OggPCM. If it's common and the data comes interleaved in one stream, we should discuss including it into OggPCM.

Cheers,
Silvia.