[ogg-dev] Quickie: Bitpacker endianness / OggPCM

Arc arc at Xiph.org
Wed Nov 9 11:28:49 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 02:25:56PM -0500, John Koleszar wrote:

> Is it correct to state that the oggpack_* functions use little endian
> order, and the oggpackB_* functions use big endian order? Is it safe to
> mix calls to the two different bitpackers on the same oggpack_buffer?

I don't believe so, no, though only through experimentation could you find out.

Make sure to test with both libogg1 and libogg2, though in general, I'd say it's
bad to mix endian in the same packet, and thus, oggpack_buffer

--

The recognition of individual possibility,
 to allow each to be what she and he can be,

from "Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought
 by Eben Moglen, General council of the Free Software Foundation