[ogg-dev] Re: OggPCM (uncompressed Ogg audio)

Arc arc at Xiph.org
Wed Nov 9 10:27:14 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:21:57AM -0800, Arc wrote:

> > We should think about float support too.

Doh!  Much of this is recoded on the Discussion page:

 http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Talk:OggPCM

.. along with wether it needs a VorbisComment header, sample adding, etc.

I added the question of wether data packets need a data packet header, but note,
if VorbisComments were included, we would need data packet header since page0
would no longer be the only header.  Even if we don't, it makes sense to me for
future minor revisions that we have it ready anyways, in case additional headers
are needed in the future.

--

The recognition of individual possibility,
 to allow each to be what she and he can be,

from "Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought
 by Eben Moglen, General council of the Free Software Foundation