[ogg-dev] Re: [Theora-dev] libogg2 branch->trunk (deadline: 5/30)

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Jun 18 05:54:58 PDT 2005

Hi Arc,

> hold development at a stand still, I'm setting an initial deadline of
> this comming Monday, May 30th.

Sorry for coming to the party late; I've been trying to get a better
grip on my understanding of Ogg as of late because some of the features
you're working towards interest me as well.

> I. Debated API elements:
>  A. To my last knowledge there was *STILL* a debate going on re discont.
>     codecs, even though these have been published by Monty months ago.

I'm trying to figure out what the debate is, after having discussed some
of the issues with both Ralph and Conrad while they are here in
Barcelona.  I'm trying to find what it is Monty published - do you have
a link ? It's not on ogg-dev, but I don't know where to find what you're
referring to.

>     The debate is not over wether this is a good way of doing it, but
>     rather, wether treating different codecs/streams differently is a
>     good idea.  Before you argue this you had better read Monty's full
>     documentation on this since it was published months ago.

I especially want to read this documentation, since I want to understand
the problem.

Thanks,
Thomas

Don't change your name keep it the same for fear I may lose you again
I know you won't it's just that I am unorganized and I want to find you
when
Something good happens