[neurosetta] Configuration problems

Frank Benkstein benkstein at math.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jan 1 11:31:08 PST 2004

Hi.

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:17:40 +0000
ianseeks <ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Happy 2004 all.
>
> I have installed all modules as per the instructions, I can mount my
> neuros and browse the system quite happily but i can not set up the
> configuration. Running"positron config" always returns the error:-
> ~/neuros> positron config
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/positron", line 22, in ?
>     from positron.config import Config
> ImportError: No module named positron.config

It seems you got a problem with your positron installation.
How did you install it?
Where are the files installed?
(/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron on my gentoo box here)
What is your python version? (python -V)

I'm a python newbie but since there seems be not to much traffic on this
list I will try to help you.

> I've tried manually creating "~/.positron" but that makes no
> difference. I have managed to get music onto the system by using the
> Windows way (yuck) but now its time ro rid myself of that and get
> "positron" running.

> thanks for any help
>
> regards
>
> Ian