[neurosetta] pyogg and pyvorbis?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Tue Oct 21 21:43:07 PDT 2003

> I've got a RedHat 7.3 system with the following packages installed w/o
> complaint...

> I still get the following message...

> WARNING: You have enabled Ogg Vorbis support in your configuration
> file, but do not have pyogg and pyvorbis installed, so Ogg
> Vorbis support is not available.

My first idea would be to check that where pyogg and pyvorbis are
installed is the same asthe version of python you are running when you
run positron.  If you only have one version of python this shouldn't be
a problem, but it may be, since the rpms may be placing things in a
different dir.  If that's the case, grab the srpms and rebuild.

If your python is 2.3, the pyogg and pyvorbis stuff should go somewhere
in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/*

If your python is 2.2 and they are going into /usr/lib/python2.3 (or
something other than 2.2) your python won't be able to find them.

If that's not the problem, let us know.

jack.
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/