[neurosetta] Battery Life with Beta Firmware

The Doctor What list.neurosetta at docwhat.gerf.org
Tue Jul 22 19:37:59 PDT 2003

>From jack moffitt....
>> I had my Neuros plugged in all night (doing a sync) and have been
>> using it nearly consistantly this morning since around 10 (4 hours).
>> In that time, I've gone from the battery indicator reading full to it
>> reading empty.
>>
>> The unit hasn't given up and turned off yet - but even if it lasts
>> another hour in this state - that's a far cry from my experiences with
>> previous firmware versions.
>
>We're running at near double the CPU time of what the final firmware
>will operate at, so this is not surprising.

I have never used the official firmwares on my Neuros (Everything is ogg...)
but I would suspect that the Neuros normally doesn't run with the HD
on all the time, either.  I noticed that it never shuts off or spins
down when listening to oggs.  Can anyone confirm?

The announcement on the new features schedule imply this is (if not
already existant) at least planned:
http://www.neurosaudio.com/support/schedule/newfeaturesschedule.htm
"Multiple song caching"
(presumably rather than single song caching)

"Damn, it's a very exciting time"

Ciao!

--
I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse.
	-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: Kaboom!                         http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC