[neurosetta] Positron Error with too many files?

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 10 05:20:16 PDT 2003

In the process of loading oggs onto my neuros, I had a strange positron
error.  It seemed to happen when adding over some number of files.

positron add /really/big/dir

and

positron add /really/big/dir/subdir1 .... /really/big/dir/subdirn

didn't work.  I eventually added each directory seperately (with a shell
script).  The error I got was...

  File "/usr/bin/positron", line 175, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/bin/positron", line 157, in main
    cmd.run(config, myNeuros, remaining[1:])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/cmd_add.py", line 86, in run
    config.supported_music_types()))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/add_file.py", line 40, in gen_filelist
    metadata = audiofile.detect(fullname)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/audiofile.py", line 28, in detect
    metadata = detect_func(filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/audiofile.py", line 86, in detect_oggvorbis
    actual_keys = map(string.lower, vc.keys())
UnicodeError: UTF-8 decoding error: invalid data

Note that the resulting total list of files in all cases is the same.

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo               http://home.nc.rr.com/jason0x21
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/