[neurosetta] Positron Error: True not defined?

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 18:12:10 PDT 2003

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question.

I've got the neuros mounted on my laptop, and I tried to run positron
(after making sure it was pointing to python2, that's correct, right?), and
got the following error message...

[jason at localhost ~]$ positron config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/positron", line 23, in ?
    from positron.neuros import Neuros
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/neuros.py", line 17, in ?
    import db
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/db/__init__.py", line 19, in ?    from PAI import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/db/PAI.py", line 20, in ?
    class PAI:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/db/PAI.py", line 274, in PAI
    def set_empty_module_at(self, pointer, value=True):
NameError: name 'True' is not defined

...that seems kinda wrong.  I'm using 1.0.1 positron.

I've also tried to update the firmware to the latest Neurosetta firmware,
and got no firmware update that I can tell (unless the Neurosetta is also
listed at 1.29).  I copied the woid.hex file (it downloaded as
woid.hex.txt, but I changed the name) into the "firmware" directory, and
the Neuros promptly hung (with some SCSI errors on the linux side).  I
manged to unmount the neuros, did a hard reset (play & up), and remounted
it.  The file is in the firmware directory, and didn't get corrupted, but
I've gotten no instructions on the neuros screen on updating the firmware
(and the version hasn't changed).

Here are the SCSI messages I got...

Jul  8 21:09:38 localhost kernel: ^ISense class 7, sense error 0, extended sense 0

...they repeated a couple of times.  Any and all clues are welcome.

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo               http://home.nc.rr.com/jason0x21
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/