[neurosetta] Success and failure

Hitomi Ikazuchi ikazuchi at cryhavok.org
Wed Jul 2 11:16:45 PDT 2003

So...
I reformat the HD.
I attempt to do a poistron rebuild and get an error.
So I manually create WOID_DB and MUSIC folders.
I do a positron rebuild and it creates the blank DBs
I attempt to add a group of tracks and it errors.
I add a single track using positron add, everything works fine.
I attempt to add the rest of the folder and I error.
I do a positron rebuild, and it adds the single track I've copied into the
DB, but I still can't add another track.
Now I cp the rest of the .ogg files to the Neuros' music directory and
everything copies fine. However, I attempt to do a rebuild, and I again
get the following error.

Here is the error I keep getting:

Creating empty databases...
  pcaudio
  failedhisi
  audio
  idedhisi
  unidedhisi

Finding existing audio files on the Neuros...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/positron", line 175, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/bin/positron", line 157, in main
    cmd.run(config, myNeuros, remaining[1:])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/cmd_rebuild.py", line
91, in run
    silent=True)]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/add_file.py", line 60,
in gen_filelist
    allowed_types, silent))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/add_file.py", line 40,
in gen_filelist
    metadata = audiofile.detect(fullname)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/audiofile.py", line 28,
in detect
    metadata = detect_func(filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/positron/audiofile.py", line 78,
in detect_oggvorbis
    info = { "type" : "oggvorbis",
OverflowError: float too large to convert

What gives? What am I doing wrong?

-Daryl Gubler

Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/