[libannodex-dev] Adding annodex module to Apache on Fedora Core

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Mar 10 08:12:41 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:19:11PM -0000, Colum Foley wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed Apache 1.3.3 on Fedora core and have been trying to add the
> annodex module.
> I have downloaded the mod_annodex Apapache web server module and ran 'make -
> make install' and have copied the
>
> # Support for Annodex media
> LoadModule annodex_module     /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_annodex.so
>
> <IfModule mod_annodex.c>
>     # Enable mod_annodex for all .anx files
>     AddHandler annodex .anx
> </IfModule>
>
> Lines into the http.conf file.
> However when I try and start apache I get the following error:-
>
> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
> Syntax error on line 812 of /home/pferguson/apache/apache1/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /home/pferguson/apache/apache1/libexec/mod_annodex.so into server:
> libannodex.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> The file mod_annodex.so is in the /home/pferguson/apache/apache1/libexec
> directory.

Hi,

I got the same error on a fresh install yesterday (on Debian). The
problem was that I didn't have libcmml installed; mod_annodex depends on
it but the Makefile doesn't fail if it's not installed (ie. there's not
./configure step).

Try installing libcmml, then reinstall libannodex and mod_annodex.

Conrad.