[Icecast] EZstream Stream Bit Rate Question

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Sep 20 15:44:58 UTC 2024

On Thu, 19 Sep 2024, Steve Matzura wrote:

> In /usr/share/doc/ezstream/examples/ezstream-full.xml there is a directive
> call stream_bitrate:
>

> <stream_bitrate>16</stream_bitrate>
>

> The example file is for Ogg Vorbis, so what does "16" mean? For MP3 files, I
> want to indicate 128kbps. DO I just substitute the 16 with 128? I haven't
> found anything in available documentation to direct me.

I belive so, yes.

My reading of this is that these are informational fields which are used
in stream listings (i.e. they don't actually make a technical difference,
they only define what is shown in the stream listing).

HTH,
Geoff.