[Icecast] Education - 1, 000s, 100, 000's, Millions of listeners. (What kind of infrastructure)

Wayne Barron wayne at cffcs.com
Fri Mar 22 15:05:18 UTC 2024

I just read back over what you wrote, Thomas, about the CDN.
(This is just a scenario thought)
In the case of a radio station, I am thinking all the servers would be
run on our end, and all the media files would be hosted on a CDN
somewhere.
Would that be the correct way to do it?
This way, the media files, being the larger load, will be stored in
places they need to be in order for the client to get the stream
faster while the servers are sitting, currently, in my location where
only the website itself runs from.

Would this be the correct thought for this type of scenario?