[Icecast] Installing Icecast2 with SSL support

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Sat Feb 24 07:39:55 UTC 2024

Hi,

I’m currently running Icecast 2.4.4 on Debian 12 which was installed via Debian backports (apt -t buster-backports install icecast2). May I ask if this is still the best way to install Iceast2 with SSL support for Debian? I did read online recently that from Debian 12 onwards, Icecast2 would be available for Debian via the apt package maintainer with SSL already compiled but from my own tests, this still doesn’t appear to be the case.

Damian