[Icecast] Benefits of SSL?

Postmaster sub at hrfinancial.com
Fri Nov 24 23:00:37 UTC 2023

Hi Thomas,

Why not offer both?

SSL is important so as not to be penalized by search engines that nowadays expect it on any website, more so when you have a form asking for sensitive information, as it encrypts the communication between browser and server.

Having said that, there is no reason for you not to offer both https:// and http://, all you need to do is using different ports. For instance, this station offers both:

http://radiogeneral.com:8000/radio

and

https://radiogeneral.com:8001/radio