[Icecast] How to fire up Icecast?

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Mar 28 13:34:15 UTC 2023

Good morning,

On Tue, 2023-03-28 at 16:37 +1100, redwood.andrew at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you for posting the doco link, Jordan!
>
> The first thing I read is that, for Windows … it only runs on:
> Windows Vista
> Windows 7
> Windows 8.
>
> Which is a problem – as I am running Windows 10.  ☹
>
> Are you able to confirm which of the following statements is true:
> The doco hasn’t been updated – it does run on W10, or
> W10 is indeed not supported?

Icecast is a very stable software. And keeping track of all the
operating systems and keeping all lists updated can be a bit tricky. So
it is often (not just with this project) a good idea to consider those
lists as a minimum list. Meaning it will run on what is listed, but it
will likely run on many more systems.

Personally I don't even have access to any Windows 10 system. So I
can't know for sure. But I would be very surprised if Icecast would not
run on it.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephone:           +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015