[Icecast] Send admin kill request to server

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Wed Feb 15 15:57:13 UTC 2023

On Feb 14, 2023, at 13:24, HGAlt <hgalt at gmx.net> wrote:

> I am a little bit confused!
>
> http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/killclient?mount=/mystream.ogg&id=21 <http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/killclient?mount=/mystream.ogg&id=21>
>
> This is an example of the Icecast documentation for kill a client.
> And this is a HTTP GET, which is send to the Icecast server.
> You also wrote, that there are no user and pass for an API.
>
> What I have to know, what does the Icecast server expect?
> If there is no user and pass, how the server knows, that is a valid request.

You should be able to send this with proper HTTP authentication parameters by using CURL. Something like:

	curl -u admin:hackme http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/killclient?mount=/mystream.ogg&id=21 <http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/killclient?mount=/mystream.ogg&id=21>

This is different from encoding the parameters as if they were part of an HTML form.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |