[Icecast] Send admin kill request to server

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Feb 13 23:15:20 UTC 2023

Good afternoon,

On Mon, 2023-02-13 at 19:29 +0100, HGAlt wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> I have tested it. But I still get the message back “Authentication
> Required".
> As I mentioned before, send this request from the same server, where
> Icecast is running.
> But the audio is provided from another server.
> Could be that a problem?

No, not really. This strongly sounds like the credentials are in fact
not provided. both access.log and error.log might have details. Also
you could have a look at the actual traffic flow.

At this point I don't think there is much to add without knowing your
config and the code you use to access the API. I still strongly guess
that you just don't provide the credentials in a way they are actually
used. Which is most likely a problem with your code, not the API or
Icecast.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015