[Icecast] Still Struggling with Secure Connections

Yahav Shasha yahav.shasha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:32:03 UTC 2023

 > openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -new -nodes -x509 -days 3650 -keyout
key.pem -out cert.pem
This will produce a csr file, not an actual certificate, you use this csr
file to generate an actual certificate which you can use with Icecast.
If you're interested in ssl certificate just for testing you can generate a
self signed cert:
https://devopscube.com/create-self-signed-certificates-openssl/
For production you'll need to acquire a certificate from a trusted CA
though.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2023 at 10:24 AM _zer0_ gravity <zer0___ at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Which version of Icecast are you running and from which repo did you
> install it?
> I always used the xiph repo:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/
> as for example on at least older Debian versions the one on the official
> repos were NOT compiled with ssl support.
>
> Cheers, Paul

Yahav Shasha,
Web Developer
+972-(0)549214421