[Icecast] Still struggling with secure connection to server

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Fri Feb 3 11:46:54 UTC 2023

I have made some progress though.

According to the documentation for SSL-secured connections:

ssl-certificate
If specified, this points to the location of a file that contains both
the X.509 private and public key. This is required for HTTPS support to
be enabled.

I created the required file by concatenating our public and private
keys. However, when I connect to the port using a browser, I get the
PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR code, and the message:

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
• Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

The keys are valid. If they weren't, everyone visiting our Web page
would get other errors, and that's not what's happening.

Anything else I can show or tell, glad to. This is becoming more and
more important as our services are expanding and everybody wants a
secure connection because they're all listening with browsers.