[Icecast] Reinstall changes icecast.xml

Dik .... dik23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:47:47 UTC 2022

Bug report opened

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/icecast2/+bug/1980241

________________________________
From: Icecast <icecast-bounces at xiph.org> on behalf of Philipp Schafft <phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net>
Sent: 29 June 2022 14:15
To: Icecast streaming server user discussions <icecast at xiph.org>
Subject: Re: [Icecast] Reinstall changes icecast.xml

Good afternoon,

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 11:54 +0000, Dik .... wrote:
> Thanks for getting back
>
> I get the exact same results using the versions supplied for 18.04 in
> the xiph repo
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/xUbuntu_18.04/

Yes, the provided packages basically mirror the distribution specific
parts from the downstream distributions. As they should work as drop-in
replacement they shouldn't be too different.

> $ debconf-show icecast2 displays PASSWORD-D rather than the standard
> hackme
>
> Editing debconf using debconf-get-selections / debconf-set-selections
> fixes this but it seems odd that I need to

Good. So at least we have identified the problem.

Also means that it's part of your operating system and it's config. So
I would really like to recommend opening a ticket there. If you did so,
please feel free to link it on here. :)

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015