[Icecast] Securing the Icecast admin page

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Jan 18 13:12:17 UTC 2022

Good afternoon,

On Tue, 2022-01-18 at 10:47 +0100, unosonic wrote:
> just a guess and untested, maybe you could create / add to a specific
> logfile utilizing
> icecast auth mechanism, esp. listener_add
> https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.0/auth.html
>
> in general it would be nice to have a more elaborated access control
> in icecast, like in apache or nginx webservers...

(please keep my reply to the original question in mind.)

Icecast 2.5 improved the auth system a lot over 2.4 (which actually was
the main reason we started with 2.5).

If you feel there is something missing I would be very happy to hear
about this via our ticket system:
https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/icecast-server/-/issues

Really looking forward to any suggestions.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015