[Icecast] CONNECTION STATS

Chip chiapas at aktivix.org
Mon Feb 14 13:24:44 UTC 2022

Under your mountpoint settings you can state a program that is run when the
source is started/stopped.

It is passed a parameter which is the name of the mountpoint that is
starting. The processing of the stream does not wait for the script to end.

<mount>
    <mount-name>/example-complex.ogg</mount-name>
    <username>othersource</username>
    <password>hackmemore</password>
    <max-listeners>1000</max-listeners>
    <fallback-mount>/example2.ogg</fallback-mount>
    <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
    <fallback-when-full>1</fallback-when-full>
    <public>1</public>
    <bitrate>64</bitrate>
    <on-connect>/home/icecast/bin/source-start</on-connect>
    <on-disconnect>/home/icecast/bin/source-end</on-disconnect>
</mount>

The /home/icecast/bin/source-start file could be:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/echo "Stream - Start: " $(date) >> var/log/encoder.log

And the /home/icecast/bin/source-stop file could be:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/echo "Stream - Stop : " $(date) >> var/log/encoder.log

Use appropriate pathnames for your set up.

And then you might end up with an encoder.log file that looks a little like
this:

Stream -  Stop :  Wed Dec 1 10:20:49 GMT 2021
Stream  - Start:  Wed Dec 1 10:21:43 GMT 2021
Stream  - Stop :  Thu Dec 23 04:59:13 GMT 2021
Stream  - Start:  Thu Dec 23 04:59:21 GMT 2021
Stream  - Stop :  Fri Feb 4 06:28:39 GMT 2022
Stream  - Start:  Fri Feb 4 06:28:48 GMT 2022

That will show you when an encoder has connected/disconnected.

Hope that helps

Chip Scooter