[Icecast] Stats question

Jason McMullan programcoordinator at whus.org
Thu Dec 29 17:12:56 UTC 2022

Hi,

We're running Icecast 2.4.3 on ubuntu 18.04 and it's been working great for
us. Thanks to all the folks that have contributed to this project!

This may be a dumb question, but I have not been able to find any
documentation or recent discussion of how to create logs to record
historical listener data. I know it must be possible to do this by pulling
data from <server:port/status-json.xsl> or one of the similar sources of
real time Icecast data but I could use some guidance on how to do that, or
maybe there is a better way to get this information. I would like to be
able to access something like the following.

   - Total listeners per week/month/year
   - The hour with the most listeners per week/month/year
   - Approximate aggregate tuning hours per week/month/year

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Jason McMullan
___
Program Coordinator at WHUS Radio