[Icecast] No PRNG seed configured. PRNG is insecure.

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Aug 10 09:19:03 UTC 2022

Good morning,

On Wed, 2022-08-10 at 11:01 +1000, Damian wrote:
> Could anyone point me to the most relevant docs / discussion on line
> for this topic? Can’t find any docs at https://icecast.org/
> regarding this.

There is hardly anything as this setting was mostly superseded by the
use of libigloo. Which happened since the last beta (while super
stable, it's still a beta after all for exactly this type of reasons
:).

Adding the "linux" profile as you did should do the trick just fine for
the version you are running.

Also this is not really TLS related. This is for everything that needs
random numbers that is not TLS. (And therefore also applies to non-TLS
builds).

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015