[Icecast] BINDING PORT NUMBER TO MOUNTPOINT

Richard Bartholomew rlbart53 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 12:49:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

Basically, is this possible, please?

I have a number of port numbers and mount points defined to cater for a live
stream and a test environment.

It appears that I can connect to Icecast and start streaming music to any of
the opened ports provided I supply the correct mountpoint and password
combination.  This means that, however unlikely, a presenter could connect
to our live server rather than our test one by accident!

Therefore, can a mountpoint be bound to a specific port number to avoid this
possibility, please?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Richard Bartholomew