[Icecast] fallback loop

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:41:37 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 21 May 2021, at 15:27, Ken Gillett wrote:

> I’m trying to set up a fallback that plays a file - just silence in
> fact as it really is just a way of getting Icecast to wait instead of
> chucking off the listeners. Anyway…
>
> I’ve created an AAC file (same format as actual stream) of 10 secs
> of silence (using ffmpeg). I’m using ffplay to test this as it’s
> easy to see any errors and when I use that to connect, it plays once
> (i.e. for 10 secs) then I see this error:-
>
> 	Found duplicated MOOV Atom. Skipped it

You stream is not supposed to contain any MOOV atoms, you can not stream
m4a or mov as it is not a streamable format.
(Except for CMAF but that currently is not supported by Icecast nor any
source clients)

What you need to stream is ADTS, so the raw AAC stream without the m4a
container, same for the fallback stream.