[Icecast] fallback loop

Ken Gillett kengroups at icloud.com
Fri May 21 14:18:27 UTC 2021

Ah, the problem is that there has to be NOTHING running when there are no listeners. Well Icecast of course, but no streaming or transocding. So I wouldn’t want ezstream running constantly for what is in effect just a method of delaying Icecast occasionally for a few seconds.

It’s annoying that Icecast immediately refuses listener connections if the source is not already streaming. There needs to be some configuration parameter to make it wait a specified time before actually refusing the connection.

However, all that aside, Icecast claims it CAN simply loop a fallback file, yet in reality seems unable to do so, at least as far as I have been able to determine.

Ken  G i l l e t t