[Icecast] Multiple mountpoints and ports

kit therealkitman at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 23 06:23:42 UTC 2021

Hi. Just a (sort of) final question(s).

I have 3 mountpoints running ok in my test virtual machine Icecast
server via port 8000.

     http://10.1.1.41:8000/stream8000

     http://10.1.1.41:8000/stream8001

     http://10.1.1.41:8000/stream8002

My question is, what is the point of having potential additional
<listen_socket> entries in the icecast.xml? Will port 8000 choke at some
point if there are too many mountpoints thus requiring additional sockets?

Thanks,

Chris.