[Icecast] Multiple mountpoints and ports

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Jun 16 11:03:20 UTC 2021

Good afternoon,

On Wed, 2021-06-16 at 09:27 +0800, kit wrote:
> Hi Jordan,
>
> So does it matter if all authenticated mountpoints use the same port
> eg 8000?

there is no need to build a second road when you got a second car. ;)

Mountpoints are fully independent. If you need to ensure your friends
do can not log into your mount point, then give them another password.
That is what Jordan suggested. Using the default username of "source"
is a good idea if you don't know the client, that is true.
Authentication happens per-mount. So also no problem to have the same
username for different mounts. (But using a username per user is surely
nicer, e.g. when manually reading logs. :)

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015