[Icecast] error from relay request

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Jul 5 14:37:57 UTC 2021

Good afternoon,

On Mon, 2021-07-05 at 09:25 -0400, Christophe PEREZ wrote:
> Le lundi 05 juillet 2021 à 12:26 +0000, Philipp Schafft a écrit :
>
> > TLS based streams are currently not supported by Icecast for
> > internal
> > relays.
>
> Ohh ! Ok !
> Do you know if it is planned to be supported?

Again, I would love to work on this, however my focus is currently on
other parts. If some want to donate time or money for this, I'm happy
to try to find a solution.

> > I fear your best option here would be to use an relay external to
> > Icecast. There are several software packages that can fetch a
> > stream
> > and forward it Icecast (both with, and without transcoding).
>
> A common package (without transcoding) name that I would have a
> chance to find under gentoo would suit me ;)

Not exactly my area, however a few ideas: {wget,curl} | {shout,oggfwd}
(non-transcoding, non-remuxing), liquidsoap (transcoding and remuxing),
ffmpeg (optional transcoding, remuxing), gstreamer (optional
transcoding, optional remuxing).

> > If there is general interest I can go into details here (but would
> > do
> > that in a different thread):
> >  * Why using splicing is very smart to do for Icecast,
> >  * and why it would be smart to have alternatives*.
>
> I'm curious to read this, although I'm not sure it's within my reach.

Let's see if someone else has interest in it. Maybe I can write
something next weekend (being busy all week I fear).

> Thank you very much for your answer which saves me from wasting more
> time than I have already wasted so unnecessarily.

Exactly why I wanted to answer you swiftly :)

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015