[Icecast] Icecast and HTTPS

gARetH baBB hick.icecast at gink.org
Tue Jan 5 22:23:43 UTC 2021

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021, _zer0_ gravity wrote:

> /etc/letsencrypt/live/YOURDOMAIN/privkey.pem /etc/letsencrypt/live/
> YOURDOMAIN/fullchain.pem > /usr/share/icecast2/icecast.pem &&
> /usr/bin/systemctl restart icecast2

I just wish they'd get on with a 2.5 release so we don't have to do a
restart of icecast 2.4 - the alternatives are using -kh or the dev 2.5.

Not thinking that people might need to replace certificates without doing
a full server restart was braindead to begin with.

As it is, I'm forced to arrange a <silly time> for a restart with a new
cert.

> Make sure you are NOT using the version from the Debian repositories, as
> they are compiled without SSL support. Instead use the repositories

That's not the full story, backports has 2.4.4 with SSL.