[Icecast] Icecast and HTTPS

hgalt hgalt at gmx.net
Tue Jan 5 09:29:12 UTC 2021

Hello Wangr,
I am not using icecast 2.4.99.x but I use 2.4.0-kh15 64-bit for windows. It is also a future 2.5 release.

I figured out something strange with https.
I have configured port 8044 and 8043 for https. Port 8043 is not working at all, but at port 8044 htpps is working fine for streaming and connection.
I like that, because everything is on the same port.

But if do not specify the ssl port, https is not functional. It must be also a different port then the normal port. If I try to use the normal port for ssl too, it is also not working.

I hope it will help you,
Hans-Georg Althoff