[Icecast] BUFFERING

Lorenz Reichelt lr at pripple.de
Thu Aug 19 15:02:27 UTC 2021

Hi, it seems to me this is the same problem I was experiencing in the beginning: When you specify a fallback file and a listener connects while the stream is inactive, Icecast will loop the fallback file and stream it at maximum speed (even multiple times). Then, the player’s buffer is filled with the fallback file and must play through it before reaching the live stream, which will accordingly be delayed until you reload. The solution is to provide a backup stream instead of a backup file by streaming the backup file to a different mount via ezstream or the like. Take care, Lorenz