[Icecast] Basic questions

Ken Gillett kengroups at icloud.com
Sun Apr 25 19:43:26 UTC 2021

Thank you for your response. Most helpful.

Sounds like the ‘relay’ option is perfect for my needs, however I’d like to ask further about the other question.

What I want to do is broadcast on my LAN (i.e. around the house) some satellite radio streams, by which I mean stations that broadcast on FreeSat (here in the UK). FTA and unencrypted. I have a satellite tuner card in the mediaserver and I’d like to be able to access those radio streams (about a dozen, max.) and make them available to any IP radio receiver (that should be able to use Icecast streams).

The tuner card and Icecast would be on the same server and with no clients listening, there would be no output onto the LAN and if those stations were still ’streaming’ internally, that’s probably not an issue.

However, any suggestions as to how I could connect the Sat tuner output to Icecast input? The Sat tuner is standards compliant (I believe, V4l?), but I could run minisatip, so those stations would be accessible as standard SAT>IP streams. But again, any suggestions how to make this connection between the Sat tuner and Icecast?

Ken  G i l l e t t