[Icecast] Use mountsettings with ices2 or ezstream?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Oct 22 15:24:32 UTC 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020, Bananradion wrote:

> Since I use ices i don't use the mountpoints in icecast.xml.
> And the option with intro song is only available under mountpoint and not
> with ices, correct?

It makes no difference what your source client is.

You don't need to create a mountpoint definition in the Icecast config
file in order to connect to a mountpoint, if you use the global source
password.

But if you want mountpoint-specific settings, you will need to create a
mountpoint-specific section in your Icecast config file for your
mountpoint.

So, for example, if you connect to /stream.ogg, you could add the
following to your icecast.xml file:

     <mount>
         <mount-name>/stream.ogg</mount-name>
         <intro>intro.ogg</intro>