[Icecast] Install Icecast server with SSL - please help

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:05:53 UTC 2020

First I would recommend to run make uninstall
from the location you ran make install before
to clean up what it already installed in the
wrong location.

Then repeat the ./configure ... step but without the
prefix:

./configure --with-curl --with-openssl

then make and make install,
which should install Icecast to /usr/local
with the Icecast binary in /usr/local/bin and the
configuration (icecast.xml) in /ust/local/etc.

As this is the source install and not a proper package it
has important implications you should be aware of though:

It will NOT update when you update your packages using your
package manager. When there is a new update you need to
MANUALLY run the compilation steps above again in the new
source code folder to compile and install it again!

Additionally Icecast does not come with any service files
like systemd units or init.d scripts, so it will
not start automatically and has to be started manually
or you need to look up service files for Icecast for whatever
service manager your operating system uses.