[Icecast] Icecast crashing / terminated - out of memory

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Oct 12 05:52:45 UTC 2020

Good morning,

On Sun, 2020-10-11 at 10:24 +1000, Damian wrote:
> Can I also ask, which is the recommended course of action?

Sure, just keep in mind that we had weekend, so people were off. ;)

> Should I rebuild icecast with OpenSSL or is there now a fixed version
> via backports that I can use?

Based on...

On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 23:06 +1000, Damian wrote:
> Edit (apologies for the repeated emails) Thanks for the quick
> response. I’ve run the command and you can find the output by
> following this
> link https://systrum.net/output.txt <https://systrum.net/output.txt>
> I'm running icecast with SSL enabled. I needed a a version of Icecast
> with SSL support which is why I am using the backports version.

... you are in fact affected by "the wolfssl case".

We discussed this on IRC in the mean time. I was asked to tell you to be
patient, an updated version for the backports is already on it's way. So
you should see an update the next few days.

Would be happy to hear back if that solves the problem for you.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015