[Icecast] Playing a recorded mp3 file like a livestream

Leif Scriba leif at scriba-bb.de
Thu Nov 26 09:13:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

For question 3, I think there is ezstream (https://icecast.org/ezstream/)  which can to an endless loop like you wish. All files should (actually must) be encoded in the format of your stream.

Also I would setup the mpuntpoints in a row:
- live mp with fallback to ezstream mp
- ezstream mp with fallback to static file

So if ezstream fails you deliver the static file.

Most notable in your config
  <max-listener-duration>36000</max-listener-duration>
could be the reason why the player reconnects every 60 minutes.

From: https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html
"An optional value which will set the length of time a listener will stay connected to the stream.
An auth component may override this.“

Grüße
Leif