[Icecast] Stream over SSL and chrome

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Wed Nov 25 13:17:22 UTC 2020

2.2.4? I didn't think SSL was implemented until version 2.4.3.

What would be helpful, not to mention useful, is to explain specifically
and exactly what goes into the key file. The choices are: your server's
private key, your server's public key, your server's certifying
authority (CA) key, maybe even the curl CA. I've also seen this in
examples of the SSL stanza from icecast.xml:

<ssl-certificate>/usr/local/centovacast/etc/ssl/icecast.pem</ssl-certificate>
<ssl-allowed-ciphers>ECDH+AESGCM:DH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:DH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+AES:ECDH+3DES:DH+3DES:RSA+AESGCM:RSA+AES:RSA+3DES:!aNULL:!MD5:!DSS</ssl-allowed-ciphers>

Of course, never mind the CentovaCast bit; it's jut a location.

Where does this last line come from--i.e., how is it generated?

The same article also states that creating the PEM file requires
concatenation of these three objects:

1) Your private key
2) Your SSL cert
3) CA Bundle

I know what my private key and CA bundle is--or at least, I think I
do--but what's the SSL cert? Is that my server's public key? If so, I've
tried this, and it doesn't work.