[Icecast] Pre-roll playing every time user disconnects and connects

jake at jakebriggs.com jake at jakebriggs.com
Sat Nov 21 01:10:25 UTC 2020

It seems to me that the only entity that can identify a unique listener, and remember the last time they visited to only transmit the preroll outside of a timeframe - and that's icecast itself.

But even identifying listeners by IP to know when to run a preroll would not really suffice since those on flakey networks are probably on cell networks and moving around and they may jump around IPs anyway.

This issue is probably unfixable without ipv6