[Icecast] Icecast not working with iPhone

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Nov 21 00:31:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020, Damien GENESTE wrote:

> I hope you're well. I have an issue with my Web radio. Users using
> Iphone (all web browsers) can't stream the radio. All is working perfectly
> with Android users.
>
> When i navigate on the icecast URL of my Web radio with an Iphone, the
> player is not displayed (URL : https://studiorats.fr:8443/)
>
> Do you have any idea ?

I've not tried it on my phone to see what happens, but iPhones don't
natively support Ogg Vorbis format audio for a start.

According to https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_audio.asp - Chrome and
Firefox support Ogg Vorbis playback but Edge and Safari do not.

Given how long Ogg Vorbis has been around, you'd think we'd be past this
by now...

Cheers,
Geoff.