[Icecast] Add metadata to fallback mount?

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu May 21 08:10:34 UTC 2020

Good morning,

On Sat, 2020-05-16 at 12:30 -0700, Jack Elliott wrote:
> Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be possible, but I'll ask. I'd
> like to add a <stream-title> to my fallback mount so when the main
> stream mount drops and the fallback kicks in, that the connected player
> shows a different title.
>
> Then back again, of course.

The metadata data is in the responsibility of the source client. Icecast
just relays that information. As soon as the client hits the fallback
stream the metadata of the fallback stream is sent to the client.

So, best advice would be to check the configuration of the fallback's
source client.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015