[Icecast] default headers

webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org
Sun May 10 12:47:31 UTC 2020

It looks like Icecast uses the default and not configurable response
headers of no-cache and no-store.  What is the logic of this?  Aren't
they even incompatible since no-cache allows for caching but no-store
does not?

I discovered this when I wanted the live stream to not cache in the
browser, so I added the no-store header to the config file.  Then
looking at the XHR to the live stream in the browser's dev tools, I see
no-cache, no-store, and no-store.  That tells me my new header just
added to what must be the default.

Justin