[Icecast] Blocking IP addresses on a per mountpoint level

Jeroen van Oosten jvoosten at bankai.nl
Thu Mar 26 13:07:44 UTC 2020

On 26/03/2020 13:49, Chip wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Indeed - but is it it possible to block IP addresses on a per
> mountpoint level? For example, my user with /mountpointA.ogg does not
> mind being hammered by connections from 93.184.216.34 [example.com
> <http://example.com>] but my user with /mountpointB.ogg wants to block
> that IP address.

If the mountpoints are at different ports you can specify that in
iptables as well:

iptables -A INPUT -s 93.185.216.34 --dport xxx -j DROP

That will only block connections from that IP address to the given
destionation port.

Regards,

 - Jeroen

--
Bankai Software bv
Jeroen van Oosten
E-mail: jvoosten at bankai.nl
KvK inschrijving: 67066267
PGP key: B2308F8E

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." --Red Adair