[Icecast] Zero listeners on icecast stats

Gabriele Zaverio asbesto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:56:45 UTC 2020

That doesn't solve my issue. I need to keep mp3 because it's the most
used format from listeners. Opus? Who use it? Ogg? No existing
hardware player around can play .ogg.

Mp3 it is. :)

btw it's weird, I'm now fumbling with <fallback-override> setting but
with no success.

No solution at all? This is weird. :(

On 3/17/20, Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 08:02:00AM -0300, José Luis Artuch wrote:
>
>> You could experiment with some format supported by Icecast2, for
>> example *opus*. Maybe you will get a different result ...
>
> The best of luck in getting current clients working properly with
> Ogg/Opus.  Many clients are buggy in that regard, including such
> things as closing the stream on metadata change.
>
> Many clients even now can't cope with metadata in Ogg/Vorbis streams!
>
> --
> Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>

73 de IW9HGS - Gabriele "Asbesto Molesto" Zaverio
Museo dell'Informatica funzionante - Freaknet Computer Museum
http://museum.freaknet.org || http://freaknet.org/asbesto
GPG Fingerprint: 8935 5586 7F2D 9C5E 51B6  BBC5 EA15 9A4E 613D 44D7