[Icecast] Zero listeners on icecast stats

Gabriele Zaverio asbesto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:57:32 UTC 2020

I don't get it. I'm asking why listeners does not show in the
mountpoint they're listening. What's the matter with DNS?

On 3/16/20, Robert <robert at megarockradio.net> wrote:
> Have you considered round robin DNS.. essentially you assign the same A
> record to two IPs. I do this and it distributes listeners for me without
> Icecast.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 16, 2020, at 6:02 AM, Jos� Luis Artuch <artuch at speedy.com.ar>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gabriele,
>>
>>> El lun, 16-03-2020 a las 11:04 +0100, Gabriele Zaverio escribió:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I just set up a system of fallback streams for our free radio station
>>> here but I have this weird problem: it always show zero listeners.
>>>
>>> Our setup is this:
>>>
>>> We have a listening mount point for people - that fall back to a live
>>> streaming from a cellular phone - that fall back to a live streaming
>>> from a base station (a pc), that fall back to a 24/7 archive
>>> streaming.
>>>
>>> No matter what the sound source is (cellular phone, PC or historical
>>> archive 24/7, our listening mount point always show zero listeners.
>>> But we have listeners there, and they are listening our stream, and
>>> everything works fine.
>>>
>>> Any hint about this?
>>>
>>> Server is icecast 2. we stream using mixxx from an Imac, darkice from
>>> PC and liquidsoap for our mp3 archive, streaming 24/7.
>>>
>>> Our fallback section setup is as follow:
>>>
>>> <!-- historical 24/7 mp3 streaming -->
>>> <mount>
>>>        <mount-name>/radiocybernet-archive.mp3</mount-name>
>>>        <hidden>0</hidden>
>>> </mount>
>>>
>>> <!-- live mountpoint streaming from a PC base station -->
>>> <mount>
>>>        <mount-name>/rcyblive.mp3</mount-name>
>>>        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
>>>        <fallback-mount>/radiocybernet-archive.mp3</fallback-mount>
>>>        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>>>        <hidden>1</hidden>
>>> </mount>
>>>
>>> <!-- Live mountpoint for a cellular phone streaming -->
>>> <mount>
>>>        <mount-name>/rcybcell.mp3</mount-name>
>>>        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
>>>        <fallback-mount>/rcyblive.mp3</fallback-mount>
>>>        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>>>        <hidden>1</hidden>
>>> </mount>
>>>
>>> <!-- this is where listeners connect to listen our station -->
>>> <mount>
>>>        <mount-name>/radiocybernet.mp3</mount-name>
>>>        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
>>>        <fallback-mount>/rcybcell.mp3</fallback-mount>
>>>        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>>>        <hidden>0</hidden>
>>> </mount>
>>>
>>> <!-- this is an old mountpoint we used for our transmission, for
>>>      historical purpose, many links on internet point here -->
>>> <mount>
>>>        <mount-name>/rcyb.mp3</mount-name>
>>>        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
>>>        <fallback-mount>/radiocybernet.mp3</fallback-mount>
>>>        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>>>        <hidden>1</hidden>
> [...]

73 de IW9HGS - Gabriele "Asbesto Molesto" Zaverio
Museo dell'Informatica funzionante - Freaknet Computer Museum
http://museum.freaknet.org || http://freaknet.org/asbesto
GPG Fingerprint: 8935 5586 7F2D 9C5E 51B6  BBC5 EA15 9A4E 613D 44D7