[Icecast] Zero listeners on icecast stats

Gabriele Zaverio asbesto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:04:20 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I just set up a system of fallback streams for our free radio station
here but I have this weird problem: it always show zero listeners.

Our setup is this:

We have a listening mount point for people - that fall back to a live
streaming from a cellular phone - that fall back to a live streaming
from a base station (a pc), that fall back to a 24/7 archive
streaming.

No matter what the sound source is (cellular phone, PC or historical
archive 24/7, our listening mount point always show zero listeners.
But we have listeners there, and they are listening our stream, and
everything works fine.

Any hint about this?

Server is icecast 2. we stream using mixxx from an Imac, darkice from
PC and liquidsoap for our mp3 archive, streaming 24/7.

Our fallback section setup is as follow:

<!-- historical 24/7 mp3 streaming -->
<mount>
        <mount-name>/radiocybernet-archive.mp3</mount-name>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
</mount>

<!-- live mountpoint streaming from a PC base station -->
<mount>
        <mount-name>/rcyblive.mp3</mount-name>
        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/radiocybernet-archive.mp3</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>1</hidden>
</mount>

<!-- Live mountpoint for a cellular phone streaming -->
<mount>
        <mount-name>/rcybcell.mp3</mount-name>
        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/rcyblive.mp3</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>1</hidden>
</mount>

<!-- this is where listeners connect to listen our station -->
<mount>
        <mount-name>/radiocybernet.mp3</mount-name>
        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/rcybcell.mp3</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
</mount>

<!-- this is an old mountpoint we used for our transmission, for
      historical purpose, many links on internet point here -->
<mount>
        <mount-name>/rcyb.mp3</mount-name>
        <intro>./announce-radiocybernet.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/radiocybernet.mp3</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>1</hidden>
</mount>

Thank you for any help!

--
73 de IW9HGS - Gabriele "Asbesto Molesto" Zaverio
Museo dell'Informatica funzionante - Freaknet Computer Museum